Construction began on August 20, 1934 at the cost of $1200, the bandshell served the city of Shelbyville for many years. The band shell was dedicated on July 1, 1935. There were about 1,500 people present. The 151st Infantry band, directed by George Dunn, played for the dedication. Sadly, the bandshell has been removed.
More than just a concert
From humble beginnings of a single all day concert in 1971 known as CORNSTOCK™, The Pete Jarvis Organization, Inc™ is evolving into a year-round non profit organization serving the residents of Shelbyville and Shelby County, Indiana.
The Pete Jarvis Organization, Inc™ is becoming more involved in our community and look forward to being a part of Shelby County and Shelbyville in many new ways.